Mooresville Building Slideshow:

D.E. Turner Hardware Store

  DE Turner Hardware Front  

This is Mooresville’s oldest business still under the same name. Thomas Edison stopped at the store in 1905. D.E. Turner is leaning on what is believed to be Mooresville’s first gasoline pump. The store is still located on North Main Street in Mooresville. The interior of the store has remained unchanged since it was built in 1899. It still contains examples of early merchandise including vintage typewriters, Radio Flyer wagons and Red Ryder BB guns.

 
 
< Previous
1 | 2 | 3| 4| 5 | 6
Next >
 
 
©2007 The Mooresville Museum
Research by Wayne Whitlow
Home