This is the DK McNeely & Son store, circa 1919. The building was originally the Harris & Sherrill Store Building. This is where H & R Block is now.
David Kilpatrick McNeely is to the Left & Cyrus Carmi McNeely is to the Right.
The building is probably the oldest standing commercial structure in town. It was originally Harris & Sherrill, but Mr. Sherrill sold out to D. K. McNeely to get his cotton mill started & Mr. Harris later did the same. D. K. was one of the primary investors in Cascade. The D. K. McNeely family owned that stretch of buildings from the early 1890’s to 1994, right at 100 years.