Monthly Archives: April 2009
Captain Carmi Kilpatrick McNeely, moved into town around the time of incorporation. Capt. McNeely was a school teacher. He also had a business with his brother Burgess Wilson McNeely, a livery stable on the site where the Gabriel building is … Continue reading
This is the DK McNeely & Son store, circa 1919 or so. The building was originally the Harris & Sherrill Store Building. This is where H & R Block is now. David Kilpatrick McNeely is to the Left & Cyrus … Continue reading
This interesting artifact showing the interconnections of turn-of-the-century Mooresville families was provided by Dr. Clay Sholar.